Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wolverine



Ok, so he's already pretty badass the way he is. Adamantium skeleton...check.  Cigar-Smoking leather jacket wearing bad boy appeal...check.  Ability to smell enemies from miles away...check.  Looks manly even when in yeallow and royal blue spandex...check.  But even Logan's alter-ego looks way cooler with a tiny moustache!  It says, yes - I can rip your body in half with one swipe of my claws...but I'm very elegant when I do it.  It also kind of looks like an old-timey weight lifter which still makes me smile.
 


Now, Wolverine has always been my favorite mutant/comic book star/superhero and I was thrilled by the quality showings of the X-Men film series and especially Hugh Jackman's portrayal.  But can we talk about this summer's bleh to the bleh solo Wolverine movie? What happened? I mean they finally bring Gambit to the silver screen and Tim Riggins craps all over him...seriously....I love me some Friday Night Lights - but they couldn't spend a few extra bucks for an accent coach to help him speak with Gambit's creole drawl and stop him from just sounding exactly like Tim Riggins but in a purple trenchcoat instead of a football uniform? I kept waiting for him to turn to Wolverine and shout, "I got your back, six!"  It was lazy and boring and anytime you hire Will.I.Am (or any member of the Black Eyed Peas for that matter) as a member of your cast you're probably doomed from the start.  Way to blow it Hugh.  Obviously if Patrick Stewart had been more largely involved the whole thing would have been saved.  

So here's my brilliant advice:  if they make another one to mildly entertain us next summer....try throwing a tiny moustache on the guy and watch the blockbuster box office roll in.*


*This statement can also be applied to fellow summer movie disappointments Terminator Salvation, Transformers 2, Angels and Demons, Land of The Lost and Year One.

4 comments:

  1. I think we need to do a internet radio show together. Or come talk to my class about Rachel Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the "model" used looks like it came from a "Dave and Buster's" arcade claw machine. I showed it to Buddy, and he simply shook he's head and walked away. He did say he personally know's the blogger, and he can't wait for the next posting. Go Yankees

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to see a Sake Bomb with a tiny moustache.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just an FYI - the "model" is actually an authentic wolverine 'mighty muggs' collector's doll purchased from the Marvel booth at Comic-Con 2008. Eventhough we do have 1,000 D&B clawmachine dolls thanks to anonymous and Fudge...I don't know if they are quality enough for the TTMProject...but i will double check.
    Go Socks! (just kidding)

    ReplyDelete